Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or effecting reproduction.‘the female reproductive system’
generative, procreative, propagativesexual, genital, sexprogenitive, procreant, conceptiveView synonyms
- ‘Within its limits the image blends two main features of Darwin's world, its astonishingly evolved, beautiful, sexual and reproductive contrivances and its deathliness.’
- ‘It is well accepted that nutrient intake, body energy stores, and changes in BW and energy stores have dramatic effects on reproductive processes in the beef cow.’
- ‘So the imagined porousness of the female anatomy may lead to anxiety about a greater loss of boundaries - that of the nonbeing associated with female reproductive processes.’
- ‘The aim is to give every Namibian learner and teacher accurate information on HIV and sexual reproductive health.’
- ‘Selenium is ‘linked’ with vitamin E in horse immune and reproductive systems.’
- ‘What is the reproductive health care system like in Australia?’
- ‘This dietary effect on reproductive hormone metabolism may be especially influential to the peripubertal heifer, such as those used in this study.’
- ‘And now he's leading the struggle, armed with an acoustic guitar and a variety of euphemisms for the female reproductive system.’
- ‘Whereas the male body carried the burden of explaining the greater part of normative human anatomy, the pregnant female body served to illustrate the reproductive system and human generation.’
- ‘Different strains infect different tissues and organs - lungs, guts, kidneys, livers, brains or reproductive systems.’
- ‘There - most tragic cases are there's about 50 in which people are suing, claiming their kids got birth defects because the chemicals affected the reproductive system.’
- ‘The female generally has much less reproductive potential than the male, and she invests significantly more time and energy in each offspring.’
- ‘They say a science based testing regime would include long term animal feeding trials with the whole genetically modified crop to test for carcinogenic, reproductive and other adverse effects.’
- ‘Although this loss is significant to cattle breeders, research pertaining to the toxic effects on bull reproductive performance is limited.’
- ‘All the other females in the population are splitting their reproductive effort between males and females even though it is only the females, primed by a few sperm, who go on to contribute offspring to the next generation.’
- ‘I think therapeutic cloning for humans, and reproductive cloning for animals, both have more positives than negatives, but this is not a subject that can be concluded in one Dooyoo opinion.’
- ‘Five studies have now been completed, and each study demonstrates some negative effect on stallion reproductive parameters in controlled settings.’
- ‘The main stem apex in these varieties is not converted as quickly from a vegetative to reproductive state and generally will have about 16-18 main stem nodes at maturity.’
- ‘This manual contains an image of female reproductive anatomy based on a dissection, although not one performed by Rueff himself.’
- ‘Among the items in the shack are a custom-designed beekeeper's veil that is embroidered with the reproductive system of the queen bee and a white jumpsuit inscribed with bee grafting instructions, wisdom, and lore.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.