One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance which acts on an operon to inhibit enzyme synthesis.
- ‘The nonspecific binding of Cro repressor to a long stretch of DNA was also studied with Brownian dynamics simulation.’
- ‘According to the first proposed mechanism, the repressor substance, probably an RNA-binding destabilizing protein, acts not directly on the Makorin1 gene but upon the mRNA that is transcribed by the gene.’
- ‘The major outcomes were that anxiety level did affect both attention and retention and repressors were not inhibited in their processing of emotional words.’
- ‘Complex interactions of receptor and partner Smad with inhibitory Smad, coactivators or repressors, and regulatory proteins ultimately determine the wide range of activation or inhibition of TGF—dependent gene expression.’
- ‘Mutations in the gene mexR coding for the repressor protein result in reduced affinity for the promoter target and upregulation of the mexAB-oprM operon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.