One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A whole school of British film and television drama perpetuates the romanticized myth of working-class life - a kind of ‘noble savage’ genre that utterly falsifies the grim repressiveness that this life actually embodies.’
- ‘The casual repressiveness of these images, the one frightening, the other poignant, itself seems sewn into the very fabric of Afghani society.’
- ‘Initially he did indeed offer some respite from the repressiveness of the two preceding popes.’
- ‘This was because of its repressiveness, which weakened its apparatus and opened up the need for public participation.’
- ‘The arrival of the work teams was greeted at first with joy, but their repressiveness soon led to a change.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.