One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘Early representationalists combined a psychological claim about the mental particulars that mediate our perceptions with an epistemological claim to the effect that only mental things can be perceived.’
- ‘One could define it coarsely in terms of satisfaction or truth conditions, but understood in that way the representationalist thesis seems clearly false.’
- ‘Unlike many other representationalists of the '90s, the artist relies for inspiration not on photos of the site but on her memories of a place.’
- ‘In the second half of his paper Rowlands puts forward an externalist account of experiences, carefully distinguishing such an account from representationalist accounts of experience.’
- ‘It should be clear that Husserl's critique of representationalist views of perception which we examined earlier bars this particular route to idealism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.