One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘In the second half of his paper Rowlands puts forward an externalist account of experiences, carefully distinguishing such an account from representationalist accounts of experience.’
- ‘Early representationalists combined a psychological claim about the mental particulars that mediate our perceptions with an epistemological claim to the effect that only mental things can be perceived.’
- ‘It should be clear that Husserl's critique of representationalist views of perception which we examined earlier bars this particular route to idealism.’
- ‘One could define it coarsely in terms of satisfaction or truth conditions, but understood in that way the representationalist thesis seems clearly false.’
- ‘Unlike many other representationalists of the '90s, the artist relies for inspiration not on photos of the site but on her memories of a place.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.