One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Polish (something) again.
- ‘The small grains were repolished and reanalysed to obtain 28 analyses in four sessions.’
- ‘The plant will strip and repolish test wafers, and will be the first plant to reclaim 300 mm wafers on an industrial scale.’
- ‘This means having it stripped back, sanded and repolished.’
- ‘I'll get all the engine cowls off, get all the dust out of it, and a lot of areas have to be repolished.’
- ‘If you buff them regularly after you've had it repolished, you can probably keep the scratch level below the ‘annoying point’.’
- ‘Every two or three years, again depending upon usage have the stones repolished.’
- ‘Benneman repolished the marble top, relined the inside of the drop-front with green Morocco leather, restored the locks and provided a new key.’
- ‘Some parts ore marked after polishing and the act of repolishing diminishes them.’
- ‘Lithofin sells a care and maintenance pack for stone, and an abrasive polishing powder to repolish marble.’
- ‘Because concrete can be repolished, it can stick around for years.’
- ‘Commercial Colts were made from 1913 until the introduction of the Series 70 and were, essentially, rejected Government Models thrown aside to be repolished and refitted for sale to the commercial trade.’
- ‘An ancient jewel on a dusty Yemeni hillside has been lovingly repolished and returned to its place in the centre of the community clearly ‘contributing to established ways of doing things’.’
- ‘I can sharpen the edge back to what it was before, and repolish the blade itself, but all my work will be for naught if you don't clean it every now and then.’
- ‘They removed all the stone lining from the walls of both rooms, reground and repolished all of the plates, and then placed them back where they had originally been.’
- ‘Adi said the furniture was repolished just a week before the flood and had cost him Rp 800,000.’
- ‘The wafer is repolished flat on one side, while the other is curved to conform to the curved inside of the retina.’
- ‘A marble fabricator can repolish the stone to restore the gloss.’
- ‘Then the finish was stripped and the bare metal repolished.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.