One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme which catalyses the synthesis of a complementary RNA molecule using an RNA template.
- ‘Q-beta replicase based gene amplification: This approach involves production of RNA in the amplification reaction using QB replicase as the enzyme and reaction at fixed temperature.’
- ‘To prove the replicase assumption of the RNA world hypothesis, these features must be united into a single ribozyme’.’
- ‘In viruses, these readthrough events are responsible for the expression of elongated proteins that normally provide the replicase function of the virus.’
- ‘As a replicase, Pol is highly sensitive to template defects and misinserts nucleotides only extremely rarely.’
- ‘The estimate is based on a large mutational target, the 804-base TMV MP gene that encodes the viral movement protein, which is a cognate sequence for the viral replicase.’
1960s: from the verb replicate + -ase.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.