One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Plaster (a surface) again.
- ‘The major concern is emptying my entire bedroom for the builder who's replastering the walls.’
- ‘Two walls were re-plastered in the current phase and it is hoped to replaster the final two in the last phase.’
- ‘I must confirm that had I known that you were proposing to install this type of ceiling and not replaster the main ceiling I would not have agreed to the removal of the original open lattice grid.’
- ‘Does the government mean that a tenant can paint as they wish and bang nails into newly replastered walls at will?’
- ‘They will live in the temporary accommodation for six to eight weeks while their homes are gutted and replastered.’
- ‘The work in the first phase of refurbishment has fortunately not been confined to replastering the ornate ceiling and fiddling about with the organ.’
- ‘These walls have been replastered using a traditional lime plaster.’
- ‘All the interior walls have been replastered and painted in subtle pastel colours; plain carpets in a gold shade have also been fitted throughout and the overall effect is a light and airy atmosphere.’
- ‘The necessary rewiring, replumbing and heating upgrades coupled with the age of the property suggest it would make sense to have all walls and ceilings replastered.’
- ‘Downstairs some of the joists had to be replaced and some of the walls had to be chipped down to the brickwork and replastered.’
- ‘Number 9 has been reroofed and replastered and features an extended kitchen/breakfast room with fitted oak units and built-in wardrobes in two of the bedrooms.’
- ‘But as of this week you'll also find one less blue wall in the ticket hall, which is being slowly gutted and replastered but not yet redecorated.’
- ‘Rocco replastered the existing pool and put in a new concrete patio.’
- ‘Recently replastered, rewired and damp-proofed by its architect owners, the house consists of a living room, two bedrooms, kitchen and shower room.’
- ‘The property has been replastered, replumbed, rewired and damp-proofed.’
- ‘Preservation workers stripped the building to its original structure and replastered it.’
- ‘The first job, after lowering the floors by 2ft, was rendering and replastering the cave walls and laying floor tiles.’
- ‘This means we're now ready for the plasterer to come and replaster the walls and make them look lovely.’
- ‘The council have sent out plasterers but I send them away because I don't want it replastered and papering over the cracks.’
- ‘We've installed a vent fan to expel moisture; we've replastered the ceiling and refinished it with exterior oil based enamel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.