[mass noun] Treatment aimed at making up a deficit of a substance normally present in the body.
- ‘The product provides nicotine replacement therapy with a unique computerised individual support plan.’
- ‘Hormone replacement therapy has been the conventional medical treatment recommended to help ease menopausal symptoms and to potentially decrease the risk of age-related diseases.’
- ‘‘We have shown that leptin replacement therapy is an effective treatment for patients with lipodystrophies,’ he said.’
- ‘Hormone replacement therapy also guards against these uncomfortable attacks of heat and perspiration.’
- ‘According to a new study published in the American Journal of Psychiatry, men suffering from depression may benefit from testosterone replacement therapy.’