Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Treatment aimed at making up a deficit of a substance normally present in the body.
- ‘The product provides nicotine replacement therapy with a unique computerised individual support plan.’
- ‘Hormone replacement therapy has been the conventional medical treatment recommended to help ease menopausal symptoms and to potentially decrease the risk of age-related diseases.’
- ‘‘We have shown that leptin replacement therapy is an effective treatment for patients with lipodystrophies,’ he said.’
- ‘Hormone replacement therapy also guards against these uncomfortable attacks of heat and perspiration.’
- ‘According to a new study published in the American Journal of Psychiatry, men suffering from depression may benefit from testosterone replacement therapy.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.