One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Treatment aimed at making up a deficit of a substance normally present in the body.
- ‘Hormone replacement therapy also guards against these uncomfortable attacks of heat and perspiration.’
- ‘Hormone replacement therapy has been the conventional medical treatment recommended to help ease menopausal symptoms and to potentially decrease the risk of age-related diseases.’
- ‘According to a new study published in the American Journal of Psychiatry, men suffering from depression may benefit from testosterone replacement therapy.’
- ‘The product provides nicotine replacement therapy with a unique computerised individual support plan.’
- ‘‘We have shown that leptin replacement therapy is an effective treatment for patients with lipodystrophies,’ he said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.