One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Eventually, the film implodes under the burden of its repetitiveness, so that by the time we reach the end we feel like we've seen half the planet's population in the altogether.’
- ‘There is no formal convention in any genre of literature that would make it either possible or desirable to portray it in all its constancy and repetitiveness.’
- ‘These potted summaries lead to a certain repetitiveness to the book that could probably have been condensed in the introduction and omitted from individual chapters.’
- ‘Cohen recently emerged from a five-year apprenticeship at Mt. Baldy Zen Center in Southern California, where the repetitiveness of daily menial tasks taught him humility and focused his mind.’
- ‘On one level, these floral landscapes work as successful proponents of the decorative style with their flatness, lyrical repetitiveness and use of ornamental devices.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.