Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The action of restoring the flow of blood to an organ or tissue, typically after a heart attack or stroke.
- ‘The pulmonary artery pressure during the initial 10 minutes of reperfusion is of prime importance.’
- ‘Reperfusion was by angioplasty or stenting or by thrombolytic use.’
- ‘In essence, prompt reperfusion is sacrificed for effective reperfusion.’
- ‘Reperfusion of the artery affected by infarction occasionally fails with thrombolytic treatment.’
- ‘The importance of time to reperfusion in reducing mortality cannot be overestimated.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.