Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The action of restoring the flow of blood to an organ or tissue, typically after a heart attack or stroke.
- ‘The pulmonary artery pressure during the initial 10 minutes of reperfusion is of prime importance.’
- ‘Reperfusion was by angioplasty or stenting or by thrombolytic use.’
- ‘Reperfusion of the artery affected by infarction occasionally fails with thrombolytic treatment.’
- ‘The importance of time to reperfusion in reducing mortality cannot be overestimated.’
- ‘In essence, prompt reperfusion is sacrificed for effective reperfusion.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.