One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Paintings of the white tiger, considered a symbol of auspiciousness and repeller of evil, were once seen in every home and they were looked upon as benevolent messengers of the mountain spirit.’
- ‘Meanwhile, perhaps my tech-savvy readers can weigh in on a question that is currently fascinating the technophobe journalists in my office: do those electronic plug-in pest repellers actually work?’
- ‘This neglects the possibility of domain formation, of specific molecular interactions via stickers and repellers, and of membrane undulations.’
- ‘It incorporates a flight path of about 40 cm from repeller to a discrete dynode-type detector that is both sensitive and durable.’
- ‘Saint Martin's fitness for the role of defender of the soul and repeller of demons is thus undeniable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.