One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It adds gloss and water repellence and so protects the finish.’
- ‘To have occasional draconian enforcement might provide sufficient repellence, but is hardly the way to build justice.’
- ‘Although the selective agent is unknown, the adaptive evolution of this gene may have resulted in increased effectiveness of pollinator attraction or herbivore repellence.’
- ‘If the relationship is not neutral, it is one of repellence rather than attraction-and that is the dark side of the ‘soft power’ coin.’
- ‘Linen will also be mixed with wool to create new performance fabrics of a high calibre with improved touch, softer hand and added water repellence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.