One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A recurring decimal.
- ‘He attributed the difficulties of Stephanie and Jesse to entrenched, flawed concept images formed by prior experience with repeating decimals and continuity.’
- ‘If the decimal is a repeating decimal instead of a terminating one, we can still convert it to a fraction.’
- ‘As a number that cannot be written as a repeating decimal or a finite decimal pi is irrational: it cannot be written as a fraction (the ratio of two integers).’
- ‘Consistent with her categorization of mathematical definitions, she seemed to think the concept definition for repeating decimal had not been extracted quite correctly in the case of 0.999…’
- ‘All repeating decimals like 0.575757575757…, all integers like 46, and all finite decimals like 0.472 are rational.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.