One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Wagner's ideas were here much imbued with his philosophical reading, in particular with the renunciatory philosophy of Schopenhauer.’
- ‘He was believed to be keen, on his own, on the renunciatory gesture.’
- ‘And a man who, again like his protagonists, had measured the distance between goodness and happiness and chosen the renunciatory satisfaction of living up to the best imaginable version of himself.’
- ‘His response is renunciatory: he leaves a message with his wife saying that he ‘won't be home for a while,’ and ventures out into one of the woods skirting Tokyo.’
- ‘In its ideology and its practice it is neither a renunciatory nor an otherworldly religion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.