One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His response is renunciatory: he leaves a message with his wife saying that he ‘won't be home for a while,’ and ventures out into one of the woods skirting Tokyo.’
- ‘And a man who, again like his protagonists, had measured the distance between goodness and happiness and chosen the renunciatory satisfaction of living up to the best imaginable version of himself.’
- ‘He was believed to be keen, on his own, on the renunciatory gesture.’
- ‘In its ideology and its practice it is neither a renunciatory nor an otherworldly religion.’
- ‘Wagner's ideas were here much imbued with his philosophical reading, in particular with the renunciatory philosophy of Schopenhauer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.