One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of renovating a building.‘this property is in need of complete renovation’count noun ‘older churches underwent major renovations’
modernization, restoration, redecoration, refurbishment, revamping, makeover, reconditioning, rehabilitation, overhauling, repair, redevelopment, rebuilding, reconstruction, remodelling, updating, improvementView synonyms
- ‘Since the property was a rental, major landscaping renovations were not an option.’
- ‘And make sure your policy includes any renovations you may have done to your home.’
- ‘The family lived in the house while the first renovation was taking place.’
- ‘How much you earn on renovations differs from one part of the country to the next.’
- ‘Speak with family and friends who have done renovations or built a home.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.