Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The action of renovating a building.‘this property is in need of complete renovation’count noun ‘older churches underwent major renovations’
modernization, restoration, redecoration, refurbishment, revamping, makeover, reconditioning, rehabilitation, overhauling, repair, redevelopment, rebuilding, reconstruction, remodelling, updating, improvementView synonyms
- ‘Since the property was a rental, major landscaping renovations were not an option.’
- ‘How much you earn on renovations differs from one part of the country to the next.’
- ‘Speak with family and friends who have done renovations or built a home.’
- ‘The family lived in the house while the first renovation was taking place.’
- ‘And make sure your policy includes any renovations you may have done to your home.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.