Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The action of renovating a building.‘this property is in need of complete renovation’[count noun] ‘older churches underwent major renovations’
modernization, restoration, redecoration, refurbishment, revamping, makeover, reconditioning, rehabilitation, overhauling, repair, redevelopment, rebuilding, reconstruction, remodelling, updating, improvementgentrification, upgradingrefittingfacelift, refurbView synonyms
- ‘And make sure your policy includes any renovations you may have done to your home.’
- ‘The family lived in the house while the first renovation was taking place.’
- ‘Speak with family and friends who have done renovations or built a home.’
- ‘Since the property was a rental, major landscaping renovations were not an option.’
- ‘How much you earn on renovations differs from one part of the country to the next.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.