One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘However, at his execution, he dramatically stuck his right hand in the fire, the hand with which he had falsely signed his renouncement of his beliefs, crying, ‘This hath offended!’’
- ‘He doesn't believe that her renouncement of the PM's post was a gimmick.’
- ‘Such a renouncement would not trigger the Electoral Act and would not require a by-election to allow the electorate to review the MP's mandate to represent him or her.’
- ‘This renouncement of sovereignty was officially confirmed in the 1951 San Francisco peace treaty signed by Japan and over 50 allied nations.’
- ‘Statehood and any meaningful renouncement of terror and steps to prevent terror have to go hand in hand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.