One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Negotiation of something again in order to change the original agreed terms.‘they demanded renegotiation of the treaty’count noun ‘debt renegotiations’
- ‘Another option is always for the buyer to come up with a larger down payment, or renegotiation of the loan terms.’
- ‘His prime objective was the renegotiation of the Japan-US Security Treaty.’
- ‘The sponsorship of the hurling championship is up for renegotiation next year.’
- ‘The union achieved its first renegotiation of pay and conditions since 1946.’
- ‘In the long term, he suggested a renegotiation of the Good Friday Agreement.’
- ‘The state administration finally requested contract renegotiations in November.’
- ‘Weak trading has apparently triggered a clause in the sale agreement enabling a renegotiation of the price.’
- ‘During contract renegotiations in 1940, he led a picket line of guild members outside a New York theater.’
- ‘Renegotiation of contracts is going to be an expensive business in future, it would seem.’
- ‘The company would not disclose the reasons for the renegotiation of the deal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.