Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A group of networked computers devoted to rendering images, used typically in the production of computer-animated films.‘power costs for a render farm can run to millions of dollars a year’
- ‘Today, companies operate render farms that can be rented by the minute.’
- ‘Our fast render farm consists of Dual Xeon rendering engines, allowing a fast turnaround to meet tight deadlines.’
- ‘200 shots still haven't been fully rendered by the render farm so you'd move from real shot to blue screen shot back to real shot.’
- ‘He has built a powerful render farm for rendering 3D Models.’
- ‘In the meantime he assured me that what they were outputting from the render farm looked amazing, and I'm certain that it does.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.