One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for kidney stone
- ‘With respect to non-malignant disease, renal calculi and various causes of raised serum creatinine were significantly more common in patients with a positive test for microhaematuria.’
- ‘Compared with abdominal ultrasonography and KUB radiography, intravenous pyelography has greater sensitivity and specificity for the detection of renal calculi.’
- ‘Depending on where they are located, kidney stones are also known as renal calculi, urinary calculi, urinary tract stone disease, nephrolithiasis, urolithiasis, and ureterolithiasis.’
- ‘Tomograms of the kidneys, ureter, and bladder revealed renal calculi.’
- ‘The hypercalcaemia can manifest itself in symptoms such as hyperemesis gravidarum, weakness, renal calculi, pancreatitis, spontaneous abortion, or fetal death.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.