One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A feature on a motor vehicle enabling doors to be locked and unlocked by remote control.‘remote locking comes as standard’
- ‘Options such as ABS brakes and remote locking will cost you extra.’
- ‘The 1.6 comes with electric windows, a radio/CD player, electric heated mirrors, alarm immobiliser and remote locking.’
- ‘The model as tested came with remote locking.’
- ‘The remote locking zapper is also the key.’
- ‘She found she could not use the remote locking, as the car knew its bonnet was not properly closed and would start beeping as soon as she walked away.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.