Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A feature on a motor vehicle enabling doors to be locked and unlocked by remote control.‘remote locking comes as standard’
- ‘The 1.6 comes with electric windows, a radio/CD player, electric heated mirrors, alarm immobiliser and remote locking.’
- ‘The model as tested came with remote locking.’
- ‘She found she could not use the remote locking, as the car knew its bonnet was not properly closed and would start beeping as soon as she walked away.’
- ‘Options such as ABS brakes and remote locking will cost you extra.’
- ‘The remote locking zapper is also the key.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.