One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But it wasn't just Gladstone who copped the remonstrative hand of the Queen.’
- ‘He adds a monotone, remonstrative vocal to ‘Äesthetik der function’ and a Scottish brogue-laden recitation to nylon guitars in ‘The Hermit Returns (Again).’’
- ‘The utter terror with which they cower before him is at once comic (he is rather fond of a remonstrative wagging of his finger) and disturbing (the dancers shrink from his gaze as if cut by a scythe, and tremble in paroxysms of fear).’
- ‘The reaction in Spain has been, to the best of my knowledge, the first openly remonstrative instance of people ignoring government propaganda and making up their own minds.’
- ‘Four Friends has a decidedly sad, pessimistic, and disturbing undercurrent that belies its characters' joie de vivre with a cautionary, almost remonstrative subtext.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.