Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who carries out structural alterations to an existing building, such as adding a new bathroom.
- ‘It reminded me of the day when the remodelers presented their final plan for a proposed addition to the old house.’
- ‘They belong to two distinct schools of artistic endeavor, the renovator and remodeler, yet they share some methods, the remodeler occasionally refurbishing and the renovator occasionally demolishing.’
- ‘She and her husband Alan, who is a remodeler, collaborated to produce a beautifully detailed home workplace within what was previously a rear bedroom (and before that a long, narrow, screened porch).’
- ‘Her advice to other remodelers: ‘Don't just have someone come in and rip things up’.’
- ‘Today's remodelers are going big and going all out when it comes to redesigning their bathrooms since there are far more design concepts available especially for the smaller bathroom.’
- ‘Installing your pool table lights should be relatively easy for the weekend home remodeler.’
- ‘For example, the 6.3 percent of remodelers who spent $20,000 or more on home improvements accounted for almost half of the 2000-2001 total, while the 2.7 percent of remodelers spending $35,000 or more accounted for over a third.’
- ‘Cutting corners is a common mistake for remodelers.’
- ‘But on a walk in his Minneapolis neighborhood, Paul spotted a ‘For Sale’ sign in the lawn of a two-story Colonial, and the restless pangs of a serial remodeler resurfaced.’
- ‘While most states license electrical and plumbing contractors, only 36 states have some type of licensing and registration statutes affecting contractors, remodelers, and/or specialty contractors.’
- ‘Join more than 10,000 residential architects, remodelers, and custom builders to view 100,000 square feet of products and attend educational courses and workshops.’
- ‘No, Pickert isn't some persnickety homeowner with a penchant for one-of-a-kind wares, but rather a remodeler trying to do things the environmentally friendly way.’
- ‘Sally, you've stumbled upon one of those irritating dilemmas that face just about every remodeler at one time or another.’
- ‘For bathroom remodelers in search of the perfect faucet, surfing the Web is becoming a popular alternative to driving from store to store.’
- ‘Houses designed for a specific client and site may be submitted by builders, architects, remodelers, designers, and other industry professionals.’
- ‘Sitting cross-legged on a white shag rug with blueprints from her latest project spread in front of her, Julie calms any fears would-be remodelers might have about tinkering with the interior structure of an older house.’
- ‘We were both just out of college, she worked part time at a commercial greenhouse, and I worked in the off-season for a remodeler.’
- ‘In their place, remodelers often had to use whatever happened to be in fashion at the moment.’
- ‘How do I go about finding reputable remodelers and interior designers?’
- ‘There are currently more than 171,500 remodeling firms in America, and 200,000 full-time self-employed remodelers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.