One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounPlural rellies, Plural rellosNZ, Australian
A relative.‘let's hope the lads leave any embarrassing rellies at home’
- ‘Because if you do make them, they impact on your friends, your family, your rellies, and the anger that that generates is very difficult to bear in a small community.’
- ‘Or they suddenly realise that their families mean more to them than they first thought and that the rellies are never going to visit Alice Springs when they could pay a bit more and go to Bali.’
- ‘I thought all my relo's in America were skinny… like the one's here.’
- ‘They worry about their health, the size of their stomach, their relationships, their financial state and their rellies.’
- ‘I should also mention that when I went and visited my rellies in Thailand I found out that not only Mum has type II diabetes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.