One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounPlural religos, Plural religoesAustralian, NZ
A religious person.‘the religos want to impose their individual views on to the rest of us’
- ‘I want a level playing field, a field you religos do not ever want.’
- ‘You religos can't discriminate and you shout discrimination.’
- ‘Its audience are religos and bigots.’
- ‘This decision is blocked by the religoes.’
- ‘I will take the "religoes" a lot more seriously when they demonstrate that they practice what they preach.’
Religious.‘I didn't really like all the religo stuff’
- ‘Let's not offend the religo demo that may scoff at gays in a commercial.’
- ‘We don't need a bunch of religo freaks deciding what we watch.’
- ‘These are the scare stories I heard all the religo nuts talk about.’
- ‘My religo friend then stops us and says, "This is serious guys."’
- ‘Try answering the door to the religo door-knockers stark naked.’
1950s: abbreviation of religious.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.