One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Strong religious feeling or belief.‘a resurgence of religiosity among younger voters’
- ‘Superstition more than prayer and piety characterized popular religiosity there.’
- ‘Those Cubans who chose to maintain a faith practice were left to produce a religiosity of their own design.’
- ‘He's not frightened of mixing bluegrass religiosity, slacker nonchalance or even English folk rock into his music.’
- ‘He loves the religion in old paintings; religiosity of some kind is fundamental to his concept of art.’
- ‘The degree of religiosity displayed by the characters is - I believe - typical of the majority of Americans.’
- ‘The Church attack on modernity and progress did not dissuade industrialists pushing conventional religiosity on the working class.’
- ‘Religiosity has increased during the years of the Intifada (or "uprising"), beginning in 1987.’
- ‘It is often supposed that Americans' retributive streak is linked to their greater religiosity.’
- ‘These passages, consistent with the author's religiosity, stem from his belief in "absolutes."’
- ‘Most clearly, the director works the territory of religiosity, failed and re-found.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.