One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person having religious beliefs or devoted to a religious life.
brother, male member of a religious order, religious, contemplativeView synonyms
- ‘The priest, the religioner, the father of a family, every one has wrongs to avenge.’
- ‘The religioners who embarked for the service of the fleet were 180, consisting of Augustinians, Franciscans, Dominicans, and Jesuits.’
- ‘The religioner is not exempt from suspicion at the frontier station.’
- ‘Of about 14,000 inhabitants, not less than a fourth were clergy and religioners.’
- ‘Why is there no First Amendment right for religioners?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.