One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A man bound by religious vows; a monk.
brother, male member of a religious order, religious, contemplativeView synonyms
- ‘The religieux of the order were called, or rather they called themselves, Unitarians.’
- ‘All the celibate religieux of India dress in orange no matter what religion they come from.’
- ‘When he was twenty-nine years of age, he left his home and became a religieux.’
- ‘The religieux smiled, turning and waving his brothers to come forward.’
- ‘He ever afterward wore, even when sitting in the Senate, the dress of a religieux.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.