Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A substance which, when secreted by the hypothalamus, promotes the release of a specified hormone from the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland.
- ‘Finally, mast cells, which reside in the endothelium, can be activated by increases in corticotropin releasing factor related to stress.’
- ‘One of these, corticotrophin releasing factor, is present throughout the limbic system.’
- ‘In weightlessness there is a decreased activity of spinal ganglia neurons of the hypothalamic nuclei producing arginine, vasopressin and growth hormone releasing factor.’
- ‘Corticotropin releasing factor is a critical integrator of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis in response to stress.’
- ‘Like depression, post-traumatic stress disorder is associated with increased secretion of corticotropin releasing factor.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.