One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance which, when secreted by the hypothalamus, promotes the release of a specified hormone from the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland.
- ‘Corticotropin releasing factor is a critical integrator of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis in response to stress.’
- ‘Finally, mast cells, which reside in the endothelium, can be activated by increases in corticotropin releasing factor related to stress.’
- ‘Like depression, post-traumatic stress disorder is associated with increased secretion of corticotropin releasing factor.’
- ‘In weightlessness there is a decreased activity of spinal ganglia neurons of the hypothalamic nuclei producing arginine, vasopressin and growth hormone releasing factor.’
- ‘One of these, corticotrophin releasing factor, is present throughout the limbic system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.