One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hormone secreted by the placenta that causes the cervix to dilate and prepares the uterus for the action of oxytocin during labour.
- ‘In addition, the increase in production of the hormone relaxin (which the body uses to prepare for labor) causes a loosening of the connective tissue around those joints and creates instability.’
- ‘In the third trimester your body releases a hormone called relaxin, which loosens the joints to allow for easier passage of the baby.’
- ‘The hormone relaxin is released in your system in increased levels during your pregnancy so be more careful to not overload the body with impact (jumping/running) and stretch much more gently.’
- ‘The hormone relaxin is thought to promote cervical ripening.’
- ‘During pregnancy, there's an increase in the hormone relaxin, which results in looser joints throughout pregnancy and for several months after giving birth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.