One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Accurately described only by the theory of relativity.
- ‘The scientists at the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider fired beams of gold nuclei into each other at relativistic speeds, creating a ball of plasma around 300m times hotter than the surface of the sun.’
- ‘And thus we have the birth of relativistic gravitation theory.’
- ‘Jammer also accuses Einstein of assuming the expression for the relativistic kinetic energy of a body.’
- ‘The program takes into consideration various relativistic effects, such as Lorentz contraction, red/blue Doppler shift, headlight effect and optical aberration.’
- ‘At some point after its formation, the black hole emits a flare of superheated gases, travelling at relativistic speeds.’
2Relating to relativism.‘the relativistic nature of human experience’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.