One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The amount of water vapour present in air expressed as a percentage of the amount needed for saturation at the same temperature.
- ‘There is no requirement for temperature, but the relative humidity in the area should not exceed 70%.’
- ‘The moisture in the breath of visitors could set off the corrosion cycle again, but the system keeps the relative humidity below 40 per cent.’
- ‘A relative humidity of 60 percent will alleviate the problem.’
- ‘Measuring the resulting dew point temperature confirmed a relative humidity higher than 30 percent.’
- ‘A relative humidity of 70 percent or more at the wood surface is ideal for mildew growth.’
- ‘Weather conditions that favor fungal growth are an average daily temperature below 85°F and relative humidities above 90 percent.’
- ‘The average relative humidity was 78 per cent.’
- ‘Charts are available that show grain equilibrium moisture for different crops, temperatures and relative humidities.’
- ‘Average relative humidity is around 15 per cent (well below comfort zone levels) and minor earthquakes are common.’
- ‘Maintaining a minimum relative humidity of 40% helps reduce water evaporation from the skin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.