One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ratio of the density of a substance to the density of a standard, usually water for a liquid or solid, and air for a gas.
- ‘Hemlock decreased in relative dominance but increased in relative density in both sites where it was present.’
- ‘For ground, sub-canopy and shrub vegetation, importance values were calculated using relative cover, relative frequency and relative density.’
- ‘However, the relative density of this species was negatively correlated with tree age in the sapling layers of abandoned agriculture plots.’
- ‘The average importance value for each tree species in each plot was calculated as the mean of the relative basal area and the relative density.’
- ‘I used relative basal area as a measure of importance, because that value is less influenced by differences in sampling procedure than is relative density.’
- ‘‘Acceleration is dependent on the relative density of the ‘host’ mass‘’
- ‘Most species changed little in relative density or basal area.’
- ‘We used seedling density values to calculate the relative density of each species.’
- ‘The layers would reflect the relative density of the crystals and the order of crystallization.’
- ‘The position at which influent water penetrates the lake water depends on the relative densities of the water masses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.