One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ratio of the density of a substance to the density of a standard, usually water for a liquid or solid, and air for a gas.
- ‘The average importance value for each tree species in each plot was calculated as the mean of the relative basal area and the relative density.’
- ‘The layers would reflect the relative density of the crystals and the order of crystallization.’
- ‘For ground, sub-canopy and shrub vegetation, importance values were calculated using relative cover, relative frequency and relative density.’
- ‘Most species changed little in relative density or basal area.’
- ‘‘Acceleration is dependent on the relative density of the ‘host’ mass‘’
- ‘We used seedling density values to calculate the relative density of each species.’
- ‘However, the relative density of this species was negatively correlated with tree age in the sapling layers of abandoned agriculture plots.’
- ‘The position at which influent water penetrates the lake water depends on the relative densities of the water masses.’
- ‘I used relative basal area as a measure of importance, because that value is less influenced by differences in sampling procedure than is relative density.’
- ‘Hemlock decreased in relative dominance but increased in relative density in both sites where it was present.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.