Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Enter (text or other data) again using a keyboard.‘they chose to rekey the text rather than scanning it’
- ‘That means 93 percent of them are rekeying information, faxing documents, and building electronic patchwork bridges to fill orders.’
- ‘They may have to rekey the data, but I suspect most companies would be willing to make that effort.’
- ‘A workflow system will then take the information through approval and on to accounting, with no rekeying of data.’
- ‘This is how data from different applications can be connected to get more use out of the information or reduce time rekeying it.’
- ‘A basic challenge to the efficient use of any fleet management system is capturing the field or shop data electronically so that they don't have to be rekeyed into the computer.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.