One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Waste a great deal of time or effort in creating something that already exists.‘he spoke with the fervour of discovery, unaware that he was reinventing the wheel’
- ‘It is no longer viable to reinvent the wheel, create stovepipes or work apart from other agencies and jurisdictions.’
- ‘Karlsson argues that at the moment most developers create routine products by themselves, perpetually reinventing the wheel.’
- ‘Will others squander valuable time reinventing the wheel because existing data never saw the light of day?’
- ‘It forces companies to reinvent the wheel, or spend time and money solving problems already solved in the past.’
- ‘I'm a great believer in finding out what works well and then doing more of it, because we can otherwise waste a lot of time reinventing the wheel.’
- ‘We can create applications that service all our Web sites rather than reinvent the wheel for each one.’
- ‘Developers can create amazing things but must reinvent the wheel for each project.’
- ‘Not to do that would be to waste a lot of time and money reinventing the wheel.’
- ‘‘We don't try to reinvent the wheel and create new online resources,’ says Jacka.’
- ‘I have dedicated myself to learning from other people's experiences so that I do not waste time trying to reinvent the wheel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.