One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Reinterpret (an event, work of art, etc.) imaginatively.
- ‘Each generation reinvents history in its own image, especially when reimagining the lives of luminaries.’
- ‘You dont have to reject the representation, you have to reimagine it, question its meanings.’
- ‘The great thing about the dilemma were in, is that we get to reimagine every single thing we do.’
- ‘In both cases, old gods were reimagined in the context of a new faith.’
- ‘Rethinking these three treatments related to the canon of memory creates a space in which to begin reimagining it.’
- ‘Pick either one, and prepare to reimagine your theology and your social ethic with respect to families.’
- ‘The parables of Jesus metaphorically break open myths and allow us to reimagine a new world.’
- ‘The first is the view of landscape as a site of personal authenticity - a place to reimagine a self not yet decentered by grief.’
- ‘We reimagine the book, we complete the vision of the book.’
- ‘Today, tourism has moved out of its ghettoes, with fincas, farmhouses and stone cottages reimagined as hotels and villas.’
- ‘What he wanted was a chance to reimagine what sports ownership could be.’
- ‘I questioned how the goddess symbolism might constitute a cultural resource for religious women wanting to reimagine gender relations.’
- ‘The United States has been forced to reimagine itself this past month.’
- ‘This is about how "design thinking" can help all of us reimagine the day-to-day practices of business.’
- ‘As these republics struggle to reimagine themselves as sovereign states, they are drawn to their ancient ethnic roots.’
- ‘Now you can reimagine anything: a novel, a song, a sandwich.’
- ‘Potter did for television what Samuel Beckett did for theatre: he smashed its conventions and reimagined the way the medium worked.’
- ‘The work of reimagining the meaning of ultimate ground is a fundamentally poetic process.’
- ‘He helped launch a seminal product-development course, and has collaborated with CEOs and architects on how they reimagine the work space.’
- ‘Finkel's lively text encourages instructors to constantly reflect, reframe, and reimagine the courses they teach.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.