One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A healing technique based on the principle that the therapist can channel energy into the patient by means of touch, to activate the natural healing processes of the patient's body and restore physical and emotional well-being.
- ‘Participants can also use the hotel's leisure centre and swimming pool as well as their health and beauty centre which has massage, reiki, reflexology, etc. available.’
- ‘The women can choose from Swedish massage, reiki, therapeutic massage, aromatherapy, Indian head massage and reflexology.’
- ‘In addition, participants were asked to avoid using other energetic therapies such as acupuncture, therapeutic touch, massage, reiki, and reflexology.’
- ‘A new personal development and stress management course, which includes, aromatherapy, reflexology, reiki and relaxation will begin this month in the Parish Centre.’
- ‘She fascinated me with talk of rolfing, reiki, hollotropic breathing and other exotic phenomena.’
- ‘You can have Thai or an Indian head massage, reiki or an entire algae wrap.’
- ‘Gwendoline is a holistic healer, reiki master, teacher and practitioner of Light Divine Healing.’
- ‘Besides, to increase concentration, she does yoga and reiki regularly.’
- ‘‘I'm a very spiritual person,’ says Brenda, who is qualified to practise reflexology, massage, Indian head massage and reiki.’
- ‘We got to talking, and she performed reiki [a New Age method that uses personal energy to heal] on me right there in the store.’
- ‘Various alternative therapies including reiki, breathwork, and acupuncture are quickly emerging as alternatives to conventional allopathic medical treatments.’
Japanese, literally ‘universal life energy’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.