One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The basic monetary unit of the Third Reich, replaced in 1948 by the Deutschmark.
- ‘It cost millions of Reichsmarks and employed 36,000 extras - which made it, at the time, a landmark in epic cinema.’
- ‘After they made it out of the extensive mob of passengers they exchanged their Reichsmarks for Francs.’
- ‘Personal belongings such as watches and trinkets were distributed or sold to SS personnel, but many valuables - including gold bars and currency - worth millions of Reichsmarks were also collected.’
- ‘In addition, Greece claimed repayment of a further 500 million Reichsmark, which had been paid by the Greek central bank to the German occupying force in 1942 as an ‘enforced loan.’’
- ‘In early 1942 Kodak's branch in Spain imported items from Germany worth at least 17,000 Reichsmarks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.