Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Find a new home for (a pet)‘every stray animal is neutered before being rehomed’
- ‘Four cats were reclaimed, 406 cats were rehomed and 18 were euthanised.’
- ‘Thanks to the support of the public we are able to care for 11,500 stray and abandoned dogs through our network of 15 rehoming centres around the country.’
- ‘Laurence has launched a desperate search to rehome his pet dog - so he can start a new life Down Under.’
- ‘The promotional leaflet which was distributed last year proved successful with many cats being rehomed throughout the year.’
- ‘Tatum had previously tried to rehome the dog but after finding no takers decided to improve security at the house so she was unable to escape.’
- ‘This pup has been rehomed once but was returned for being destructive.’
- ‘The only large animal that the Petries hope to move with them is Cindy, their 20-year-old hand-reared lioness, who cannot be rehomed because of her great age.’
- ‘He is one of the lucky ones that will hopefully be rehomed.’
- ‘Two chimps are going to a private sanctuary near Swansea and a number of big cats including lynx, plus larger monkeys will be rehomed on Armathwaite Hall Estate in Cumbria.’
- ‘Most are rehomed but if no home can be found and there is nowhere else for the dogs to go, some have to be put down.’
- ‘Cassie has now recovered from her ordeal and been rehomed.’
- ‘The dogs can now be rehomed and enjoy the rest of their lives in loving homes.’
- ‘Bats, owls, grass snakes and lizards should be rehomed before developers can move on to a site in Pewsey, district council officers say.’
- ‘If 3,000 of the dogs are found new homes this year, it will add to the 10,000 greyhounds that have been rehomed in the past five years.’
- ‘But the Cats Protection League, who inherited the house decide that the cats would be rehomed and Mr Simpson has to move on.’
- ‘Rabbits are social animals and we want to rehome them in pairs.’
- ‘The dogs' home relies on public donations to carry on its vital work of caring for and rehoming lost and abandoned dogs, so if you cannot rehome a dog, please help us to continue to care for them by sending a donation.’
- ‘AN 82-year-old Leyland woman is still leading the way for her four legged friends, 25 years after she set up a charity to rehome boxer dogs.’
- ‘Illegally rehoming the dog would, as you realise, leave you in a vulnerable position.’
- ‘Cats are looked after at volunteers' homes until they can be rehomed.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.