One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sequence of symbols and characters expressing a string or pattern to be searched for within a longer piece of text.
- ‘A powerful way to process text is using regular expressions.’
- ‘Instead, you can create customized summaries using regular expressions and other search patterns.’
- ‘The Contents tab lets you enter your search text (again, case-insensitive by default), regular expression searches and so on.’
- ‘Not only do developers need to add support for multibyte characters, but databases and languages also need to support regular expressions and sorting operators, neither of which is easy to do.’
- ‘Both of these search functions use regular expressions, making them very powerful.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.