Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A sequence of symbols and characters expressing a string or pattern to be searched for within a longer piece of text.
- ‘Not only do developers need to add support for multibyte characters, but databases and languages also need to support regular expressions and sorting operators, neither of which is easy to do.’
- ‘Both of these search functions use regular expressions, making them very powerful.’
- ‘The Contents tab lets you enter your search text (again, case-insensitive by default), regular expression searches and so on.’
- ‘Instead, you can create customized summaries using regular expressions and other search patterns.’
- ‘A powerful way to process text is using regular expressions.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.