One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who stages a theatrical production, especially a ballet.
supervisor, controller, producer, auteur, choreographerView synonyms
- ‘She is the regisseur for ballets by Smuin and Val Caniparoli (she has set his popular Lambarena on companies from South Africa to South Florida).’
- ‘Irina Jacobson, widow of the choreographer and a respected international ballet teacher and regisseur, has also been an important part of these revivals.’
- ‘In 1900 he moved to Moscow where he became premier danseur and regisseur of the Bolshoi Ballet; in 1902 he was appointed director, a position he held until his death.’
- ‘Stretton was appointed regisseur at American Ballet Theatre in 1993 and moved up to assistant director in 1994.’
- ‘Dancers and choreographers, ballet masters and regisseurs do not take kindly to non-dancers controlling their destinies or making decisions for them.’
From French régisseur.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.