One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘The Yorkshireman, an outspoken Labour MP who represents Grimsby, had his passionately regionalist speech met with applause from those who attended the convention, the first of its kind in Yorkshire.’
- ‘But it was obvious that such proposals would face harsh criticism from many quarters, for example from multinational business interests, francophone Quebec nationalists and Western Canadian regionalists.’
- ‘Political allegiances within the remainder of Algerian society are scattered among small groups of democrats, regionalists, and independents.’
- ‘The old leftist has become a dedicated regionalist.’
- ‘The organization and settlement of the Northwest Territory was the opening act of self-definition for regionalists like Hall.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.