One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A method of braking in which energy is extracted from the parts braked, to be stored and reused.
- ‘The energy captured through regenerative braking and being able to shut off the engine at idle improves fuel economy by up to 15%.’
- ‘In return, the motor also sends power back to the batteries during regenerative braking.’
- ‘This powertrain gives Precept instantaneous torque, plus four-wheel regenerative braking.’
- ‘Liquid fuel burning fuel cells could even work in hybrid vehicles with batteries providing increased efficiency through regenerative braking.’
- ‘As in the truck system, regenerative braking charges a separate storage battery (36V PbA in this case), and accessories are battery powered when the engine is off.’
- ‘The diesel engine recharges the battery as does regenerative braking.’
- ‘The vehicle is equipped with regenerative braking and comes with an electrically-powered air conditioning system.’
- ‘Vehicle integration teams must provide seamless integration of transaxle, battery, motors, power electronics and regenerative braking in order to meet performance requirements’
- ‘Running costs are lower: the Capstone Turbine is air-cooled and uses no oil; regenerative braking eliminates the cost of brake pad replacements.’
- ‘A brake control apparatus is configured to suppress fluctuations in the deceleration when transferring from cooperative braking to regenerative braking or hydraulic braking.’
- ‘The electric motor is powered by batteries that are recharged automatically by recapturing the kinetic energy usually lost during braking, known as regenerative braking.’
- ‘In addition, regenerative braking captures energy from the internal-combustion mode and stores it in the batteries.’
- ‘Advantages include functions such as start/stop, energy recuperation by regenerative braking and electric powered driving, all with a compact design.’
- ‘The main benefits of a hybrid are regenerative braking and start-stop operation.’
- ‘While regenerative braking (taking the change in velocity that's created when the car slows down and turning it into electricity) is one way a hybrid charges its battery, it's not the only way.’
- ‘This process, called regenerative braking, further increases the efficiency of electric propulsion and cannot be duplicated using other technologies.’
- ‘The electricity comes from regenerative braking; basically, it comes from the gas-burning engine of the car itself.’
- ‘The battery pack, power electronics, regenerative braking and motor technology are identical.’
- ‘Hybrid vehicles get part of their fuel efficiency boost from regenerative braking.’
- ‘The '04 Prius uses a new version of regenerative braking called electrically controlled braking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.