One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The fact that there are such people is not refutable, just as there are people who do take responsibility.’
- ‘The deal's proponents argued that increasing the presence of American business and dollars in China would somehow make all that come to pass - a refutable presumption, but one that raises the bar for future trade deals.’
- ‘‘In fact, there are so many refutable claims and irresponsible accusations contained in this 175-page report that it would take another 175 pages to correct the errors,’ Mr. Boyle said.’
- ‘In this whole story that is probably the least refutable idea.’
- ‘The problem: some of the evidence may indeed have been refutable, dating as it did, in some cases, back 10 years or more.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.