Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Pinto beans boiled and fried in advance and reheated when required, used especially in Mexican cooking.
- ‘Other nonperishable items include cans of hearty bean soup, tuna, refried beans and even packets of instant oatmeal.’
- ‘They offer to concoct an authentic supper of refried beans and chorizo omelette.’
- ‘Diners can plump for potluck plates of refried beans, Spanish tortilla and crisps, olives, salads, breads and pates.’
- ‘The long menu runs from Mexican nachos with refried beans to Indian thalis, Greek salads and Middle Eastern meze.’
- ‘Drain and rinse canned kidney beans and toss into salads; scoop canned, fat-free refried beans and salsa into whole-grain tortillas for healthful homemade burritos.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.