One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pinto beans boiled and fried in advance and reheated when required, used especially in Mexican cooking.
- ‘Other nonperishable items include cans of hearty bean soup, tuna, refried beans and even packets of instant oatmeal.’
- ‘The long menu runs from Mexican nachos with refried beans to Indian thalis, Greek salads and Middle Eastern meze.’
- ‘Diners can plump for potluck plates of refried beans, Spanish tortilla and crisps, olives, salads, breads and pates.’
- ‘Drain and rinse canned kidney beans and toss into salads; scoop canned, fat-free refried beans and salsa into whole-grain tortillas for healthful homemade burritos.’
- ‘They offer to concoct an authentic supper of refried beans and chorizo omelette.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.