One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The frequency with which the image on a computer monitor or similar electronic display screen is refreshed, usually expressed in hertz.
- ‘The difference between the refresh rate of the monitor and the refresh rate of your vision is called the beat frequency.’
- ‘Apart from the limitations of the screen itself, display resolution and refresh rates are also affected by the graphics card in the computer.’
- ‘I do have a TV licence, and I don't have a TV card, but I'd be interested to know how they would expect to detect a TV signal displayed at a random refresh rate on a monitor at a random size?’
- ‘Computer monitors generally have a refresh rate of at least 60 Hz, meaning the screen is refreshed at least 60 times a second.’
- ‘On my machine, it runs at 85 frames/second, which matches the refresh rate of my monitor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.