One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of Judaism, initiated in Germany by the philosopher Moses Mendelssohn (1729–86), which has reformed or abandoned aspects of Orthodox Jewish worship and ritual in an attempt to adapt to modern changes in social, political, and cultural life.
- ‘This led him to the political and theological right, far from his liberal roots in German Reform Judaism.’
- ‘A third temple, made of adherents of the new, liberal Reform Judaism movement, was founded in 1860.’
- ‘Geiger was an early leader of German Reform Judaism.’
- ‘Conservative Judaism is seen as the middle ground between larger Reform Judaism, which allows gay people to serve as rabbis and blesses same-sex unions, and smaller and stricter Orthodox Judaism, which forbids homosexuality.’
- ‘Wise sought to make so-called classic Reform Judaism more responsive to modern Jewish needs.’
- ‘The National Council of Churches has criticized his participation in the so-called ‘Justice Sunday’ telecast; so has the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism.’
- ‘Sheldon Zimmerman resigned as president of the four-campus Hebrew Union College on December 4 shortly after Reform Judaism's rabbinic association suspended him.’
- ‘In March, religious organizations including the National Council of Churches, the Union for Reform Judaism and the Interfaith Alliance declared the proposed budget ‘immoral.’’
- ‘While the Baptist sanctuary was undergoing minor construction and painting, the congregation met once again for worship in the historic synagogue of Reform Judaism.’
- ‘An extreme Zionist will reach different conclusions about the covenant between God and man than a follower of Reform Judaism or a Christian liberal.’
- ‘Rabbi Eric H. Yoffie is President of the Union for Reform Judaism.’
- ‘Unlike Orthodox Jews, members of Reform Judaism view Jewish laws as adaptable to the changing needs of cultures over time.’
- ‘The Boy Scouts of America has barred gay people from joining their troops, and now Reform Judaism leaders are asking parents to keeping scouting out of their homes.’
- ‘Sentilles does an excellent job of exploring the special friendship Menken had with Rabbi Mayer Wise, both leader of his Cincinnati synagogue and the founder of American Reform Judaism.’
- ‘Spending his career teaching Reform rabbinical students at Hebrew Union College in Cincinnati, Jakob Petuchowski, nevertheless, consistently held Reform Judaism up to intense critical scrutiny.’
- ‘In this illuminating study, Susannah Heschel sheds new light on the figure of Abraham Geiger, a leading rabbi of Reform Judaism and brilliant scholar of philology, history, and theology.’
- ‘Leaders of five large religious groups, including the National Council of Churches, and the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism, called for Frist to back out of the program.’
- ‘Conservative Judaism combines elements of Orthodox and Reform Judaism.’
- ‘From Reform Judaism to the Episcopal Church, religious bodies across the nation are grappling with the same issue.’
- ‘Rabbi David Saperstein, director of the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism, said he is nervous about the right of religious groups - as private, nonprofit organizations-to discriminate in hiring and choosing who they will help.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.