One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process of replanting an area with trees.‘the need for post-fire reforestation’as modifier ‘a massive reforestation project to renew soil fertility’
- ‘The Institute provides the scientific expertise to ensure the reforestation work takes into account the tigers' habitat needs.’
- ‘Reforestation is an essential step toward restoring forest areas damaged by wildfire.’
- ‘The hearing gave us an opportunity to call attention to our concerns in recent years with the reforestation process.’
- ‘The memorandum warned that 20,000 acres lay in desperate need of reforestation.’
- ‘The economic reality of the Pacific Northwest lumber industry is an important backdrop for thinking about reforestation.’
- ‘The company donates a percentage of proceeds to reforestation projects around the world.’
- ‘They cut down the trees without any regard for fresh shoots or reforestation.’
- ‘In most cases, reforestation is done by planting seedlings or using natural regeneration methods.’
- ‘In the rush to implement a giant program, reforestation contracts were awarded in a haphazard fashion.’
- ‘The cost of reforestation, however, has prevented most private landowners from changing the land use on their own.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.