Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The action of rearranging electronic text on a page having varied such features as type size, line length, and spacing.
A soldering technique in which surface-mount components are held in position on a circuit board using a paste containing solder which melts to form soldered joints when the circuit board is heated.
- ‘Various techniques are available for hermetic sealing include resistance welding and solder reflow.’
- ‘During reflow of the solder joints of the electronic module by heating, the modified passivation reacts with the polyamine at the amine functionality.’
- ‘This will use short pins into placing holes with a solder reflow process rather than the through hole pressfit technique which usually means hand insertion but gives more mechanical strength.’
- ‘The underside of the MCM is covered with a grid of solder ball contacts that have a relatively coarse spacing of 2-3 mm and can be attached to a circuit board using standard SMD or solder reflow techniques.’
- ‘The instrument and method may be used in the manufacture of integrated circuits, for instance in determining how much time an integrated circuit package spends between an equilibration temperature and a reflow temperature.’
Rearrange (electronic text) on a page having varied such features as type size, line length, and spacing.‘my desktop publisher must reflow copy from one column to another automatically’
- ‘This means constantly reflowing the displayed elements, which may be delivered out of order (a problem word processors don't have).’
Attach (a surface-mount component) using the reflow technique.‘a kit designed to reflow the majority of surface-mounted devices’
- ‘The electronics industry utilizes hot gas soldering to reflow or melt solder in localized areas on circuit assemblies.’
- ‘An anneal procedure is then performed resulting in a planar top surface topography of the reflowed BPSG layer.’
- ‘This is a method and apparatus for assembling ball grid array components on printed circuit boards by reflowing before placement’
- ‘I took some advice from the usually spot-on Simon and spent a pleasant two hours reflowing the solder on the circuit board in the hope of finding the dry joint… but to no avail.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.