One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A camera with a ground-glass focusing screen on which the image is formed by a combination of lens and mirror, enabling the scene to be correctly composed and focused.
- ‘It is surprising the number of editors that have accepted work shot on these little cameras thinking that the pictures were taken with a larger single lens reflex camera.’
- ‘I used about all of the Asian produced single lens reflex cameras available around that time, but none was as sharp and clear, nor as forgiving as my Leica.’
- ‘When he was able to he bought a single lens reflex camera and the first camera club he joined was in Benoni.’
- ‘What I wanted was what my eye was accustomed to from years ago which were images produced by a SLR, a single lens reflex camera.’
- ‘The slides were photographed with a Pentax 35 mm single lens reflex camera attached to a Zeiss compound microscope.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.