One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A camera with a ground-glass focusing screen on which the image is formed by a combination of lens and mirror, enabling the scene to be correctly composed and focused.
- ‘When he was able to he bought a single lens reflex camera and the first camera club he joined was in Benoni.’
- ‘The slides were photographed with a Pentax 35 mm single lens reflex camera attached to a Zeiss compound microscope.’
- ‘What I wanted was what my eye was accustomed to from years ago which were images produced by a SLR, a single lens reflex camera.’
- ‘It is surprising the number of editors that have accepted work shot on these little cameras thinking that the pictures were taken with a larger single lens reflex camera.’
- ‘I used about all of the Asian produced single lens reflex cameras available around that time, but none was as sharp and clear, nor as forgiving as my Leica.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.