One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The nerve pathway involved in a reflex action, including at its simplest a sensory nerve and a motor nerve with a synapse between.
- ‘Superimposed on this reflex arc, are suprasegmental modifying influences from the brain stem, cerebellum, basal ganglia, and cerebral cortex.’
- ‘When the normal sympathetic reflex arc fails to discontinue at the appropriate time, a temporary vasoconstrictive action of small vessels occurs.’
- ‘Card's results imply that there could be a simple neural solution that ‘answers’ questions within what is essentially a reflex arc.’
- ‘These relaxations are vagally mediated, but the reflex arc that produces them can be affected by stimulation of other receptors.’
- ‘The changes in the blood vessel and local hemodynamics could be mediated via a reflex arc, consisting of somatic afferent and autonomic efferent components.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.